Australian Wren

Australian Wren

Search This Blog

Summer Camp

The best fun a painter can ever have is when they are doing what they love, wading in paint up to their elbows and wallowing in colour!

This week was a good one, it was finally time to go to virtual "summer camp"organised by Carla Sonheim!  I packed my virtual bag and made my virtual snacks and off I went.

I had chosen to take the class run by Diane Culhane, an amazing painter whose work is full of colour and character and an amazing teacher. Each day we watched a video and then went off to our virtual cabins to explore what we had been taught. It was a great exercise in stretching the imagination and learning new techniques.

There were other classes I would have loved to have done but maybe next time.

I will show you some snippets of the work I did this week. It was a great inspiration to me so I got a lot of work done. Here is a small sample.


                                                               


Exploring line with angles and curves and then finding new shapes within the shapes which have been created and adding colour.
















Creating a collage with random pieces of paper and then looking for new shapes within that shape. Isolating those shapes and forms with gesso.










Colouring the forms with paint whilst trying to retain some of the clarity so the collage paper and texture can be seen. Unfortunately this one got too opaque so a lot of the texture was lost.

Creating an image from a collage beginning with the form of a tree.





Adding colour to discover and create new forms within the previous collage.





















This is just a snippet of what this week was about but for someone who like to be surrounded by paint, paper and ideas it was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment