Australian Wren

Australian Wren

Search This Blog

To- wit-to-whoo

Ever since I was a little girl I have loved owls. I don't know why this is but I have vivid memories of drawing owls again and again. I remember seeing a few up close. The father of one of my childhood friends rescued one and brought it back to health and I remember seeing it in their shed. It just sat there blinking at me with it's big round, orange eyes. It wasn't a bit scared and in fact it was peaceful and relaxed. Maybe that is normal for an owl, to sit there cool as a cucumber..is this why they appear to be wise? Another time I saw a beautiful barn owl sitting on the roof of my uncles house. He called me outside to see it. It was one of those special moments you remember for ever. Isn't it amazing how we are so moved by creatures that we don't normally see.

I am working on a narrative about an owl so today I have been playing with stylising owls and feathers. These are a few sketches out of my journal.




2 comments:

  1. Oh Linda! I'm so excited to see more of this narrative, does the owl have a name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johanna, he doesn't have a name yet, have you got any suggestions? I thought I'd have a go at creating my own narrative so we'll see how that goes, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

    ReplyDelete