Australian Wren

Australian Wren

Search This Blog

Missing in Action and Some new Journals.

I feel like I am just getting started with 2018! Where has it slipped away to so quickly? I had a trip to visit my family to celebrate my dad's BIG birthday! I will spare his blushes by not saying which one, but it was a great time! I enjoyed being in the Northern Irish countryside in mid winter, and I was not sad to miss the super hot days in South Australia when the mercury climbed up to over 40 degrees. It is so special to be in familiar scenery where you know every nook and cranny and to visit people you have known since you were a child, "my ain folk" as the Ulster Scots would say!

I come from County Fermanagh which has more water than anywhere else I can think of! This winter it even had a little snow! Here is a little snippet of my trip.
The snowy view out of my bedroom window
The bridge over the flooded Colebrook River in my parents village

Lough Erne at Castle Archdale on a freezing day.


Some lovely white sheep at Crom Castle


Enniskillen, the main town in Fermanagh

I brought some journal pages with me on my trip but didn't get much done to them. At least they had a holiday! This is the first of the finished journals, entitled "Understanding". It can be written on or drawn on or simply kept as a wordless book as it is. I have described it more fully on my Etsy shop listing. There is a link to my shop to the right of this post.



Front cover next to matchbox for scale. Gel print, torn digital image, ephemera.  

Old library card on the left. Gel Print on black paper on the right.

Gel print on left with attached tiny paper and ephemera. Gold tissue on right on black paper.

Gel prints stuck on black paper.

Digital tag (designed by me), gel print paper and ephemera.

Gel print on black on left, and digital print (my design) on right with embellishment.

Gel print, embellishment and ephemera


Gel print and butterfly collage on right.

Gel print and white pen embellishment.

Gel print and  custom made dragonfly stamp. 

Tiny book stitched in with blank pages.

Gel print on left, collage on right

Gel prints.

Gel print and collage

Gel print with original digital printed tag collaged. Gel print on right on black paper with white pen drawing.

Original digital tag (my design), gel print, gel print on right with torn digital tag.

Gel prints and drawing.

Gel prints and drawing with ephemera collage.

Gel print with ephemera on left, digital print on the right ( my design) with drawing embellishment.

Left, digital print (my design) collage with gel print, library card.


Thanks for looking. I will post some more journals as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment