Australian Wren

Australian Wren

Search This Blog

Back to my roots!

I grew up in Northern Ireland, in fact apart from a spell in Scotland that was where I lived until my children were born and we all moved to Australia. I love the scenery in N.I, the trees, the colours and the beauty of  nature in that country. The memories of my roots  have stayed implanted in my brain and so when I illustrated the poem 'The Song of Wandering Aengus" by W.B.Yeats, (one of my favourite Irish poets) those inspirations from my past were allowed to spill out onto the page. I love the wistful quality of the poem, the ethereal girl who Aengus meets for a moment and who he never forgets. This is a storyboard which illustrates the poem.



W B yeats is buried in Drumcliff cemetery in Co Sligo. I love to visit Sligo when I am back home. here are some of my images which inspire me. They are all winter scenes and the bleakness really appeals to my dark side!


Glencar Co Sligo


Glencar Co Sligo


Glencar Co Sligo